Thursday, October 1, 2015

COOKIE IS COOKIN' AND OWNING HER LOOK


As usual I'm a day late and a dollar short. I watched Fox's "Empire" for the first time last night season two episode two. I'm a stubborn sort, whenever there is too much ado about anything I'm the last one on board. Loretha "Cookie" Lyon, played by Taraji P. Henson, is my favorite character. The set snaps alive the minute she enters a scene.
Cookie Had Me At Animal Print
After her release from a seventeen year stint in prison the sexy matriarch has returned, and does not have time, nor is she interested, in anyone's bullshit. Her no holds barred, relentless attitude flows effortlessly into her choice of wardrobe. Cookie is no cookie cut satin doll in her manner of dress, or attitude.

Cookie's Lids Brought Sexy Back  
Some are of the opinion that Cookie's wardrobe is over the top, not to me. It reflects an already over the top personality which bloomed even larger behind bars. What else did she have to do? Every waking second was spent plotting how she was to retrieve what is rightfully hers, determined to get it back by any means necessary, with style.

Cookie Rocks Fur
Cookie's so called "over-the-top" look is called style. Style, for the uninformed, defines her personality, setting her apart from the rest of the herd, and builds her self confidence. Self confidence and esteem, which will be very much needed when facing an adversary such as Lucious Lyon.

This Is How You Look When You Grow A Vagina !! 
All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my first romp at Empire Entertainment, and will gorge myself in a non-stop binge of the show's first season this weekend to catch up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AMAZON PRIME

FASHION FAIR LIPSTICKS

FIRE HD7

FINGERNAIL POLISH

FASHION FAIR MAKEUP

AFRICAN JEWELRY

BLACK OPAL LIPSTICKS

AFRICAN HANDBAGS

AFRO-CENTRIC TIMES ON POLYVORE.COM

BLACK OPAL EYESHADOW

BOOKS BY MAYA ANGELOU

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVING ACTIVATE

HIP HOP MP3

GREAT READS by BLACK AUTHORS

GREAT READS FROM IYANLA VANZANT

BLACK HISTORY READS

DAME MARY J. BLIGE

GOSPEL

IPHONE 6 CASES

R and B CLASSICS

WILL DOWNING

LOVE OF SELF

LOVE OF SELF
I am not ashamed of my grandparents for having been slaves. I am only ashamed of myself for having for having at one time being ashamed. - Ralph Ellison, "Invisible Man"

Google+ Badge

Subscribe Via Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

SHARE

AMAZON PUBLISHER

TWITTER

There was an error in this gadget

Add This

Share |

Blog Archive